Buddha Quotes – BestQuotesSite
Brief Introduction on Buddha.
Siddhattha Gotama, also known as Buddha, founded the religion of Buddhism and lived in ancient India. He was not only a great leader but was also an outstanding philosopher and meditator who had wonderful sense of spirituality! He taught people for around 45 years which also brought him the title of Awakened One. People were so inspired by him that after his death, they compiled his teachings and spread it to each other.
Buddha, The Enlightened one, was the son of a king, who wanted him to stay away from all the hardships and selfishness of the world. This is the reason he was raised in a palace, specially built for him, being lonely, he soon left the palace and started mediation. After 49 days of doing meditation, he understood the world and started teaching people and his teachings are considered to be the foundation of Buddhism.
WHAT HAS BUDDHAS LIFE TAUGHT US?
Buddha has taught us that everyone in his or her life suffers and has to face dissatisfaction and disappointment so this is something which will happen and don’t let these small sufferings weaken yourself. Buddha has taught us that almost all the issues and fights that break between people is a result of greediness and selfishness of people. Therefore, we should avoid such toxic people from our lives!
How are Buddha Quotes helpful?
Buddha Quotes give us a clear view of how to live our lives in the most righteous way and make it better in all possible ways! Well, if you are the one who believes in Buddha’s teachings, then these quotes may be helpful for you!
LIFE SAVING BUDDHA QUOTES!
1.“As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life.” -Buddha
2. “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.”
3. “The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.”
4. “You only lose what you cling to.”
5. To understand everything is to forgive everything.” -Buddha
6. “The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There’s only one moment for you to live.”
7. “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
SOME GREAT BUDDHA TIPS!
9. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.”
10. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
11. “Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.”
12. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” -Buddha
13. “One should strive to understand what underlies sufferings and diseases – and aim for health and well-being while gaining in the path.”
14. “If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.
Other Inspirational quotes of Buddha:
15. “If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.” -Buddha
16. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
17. Just as the great ocean has one taste, the taste of salt, so also this teaching and discipline has one taste, the taste of liberation.
18. The one in whom no longer exist the craving and thirst that perpetuate becoming; how could you track that Awakened one, trackless, and of limitless range.
19. Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
Mind changing quotes:
21. “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?”
22. “There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.”
23. “Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.”
24. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”